Do you want to learn Synapse Data Explorer and do you want to read only one book about it? Then you should read the book by Pericles (Peri) Rocha (Li) - Learn Synapse Data Explorer.
Peri Rocha is a Senior Product Manager for Azure Synapse Analytics from Microsoft. He shows a great knowledge in the book around Synapse Data Explorer and the way of working with KQL in the services.
With a good match of text, downloadable demos and easy to understand illustrations, Peri Rocha makes it an easy read.
You’ll find a packed book with a huge amount of new stuff and learning. The book’s content:
- Introduction to Azure Synapse Data Explorer
- Creating your first data explorer pool
- Exploring Azure Synapse Studio
- Real-World Usage Scenarios
- Ingesting Data into Data Explorer Pools
- Data Analysis and Exploration with KQL and Python
- Data Visualization with Power BI
- Building Machine Learning Experiments
- Exporting Data from Data Explorer Pools
- System Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Tuning and Resource Management
- Securing Your Environment
- Advanced Data Management
The book covers the entire environment around Synapse Data Explorer - from a brief introduction to the application and an overview of the approach to the platform; through the internals of the engine; to a very geeky deepdive into the KQL commands and the advanced data management.
I’ve read all around 300 pages - and I found it to be a great source for learning and is also usable as a book to have to look up specific topics around Synapse Data Explorer.
Why read the book
You need to read the book because:
- You want to learn Synapse Data Explorer
- You are working with data in a Kusto cluster and are looking for the next step for yourself
- You already have basic knowledge of the sphere of data, SQL and VMs
- You want a book to read once and then have as a lookup tool when you need it
Where to get the book
Happy reading ☕