Vihag Gupta is Solutions Architect in Data & AI at the Databricks company. He shows a great knowledge in the book around Databricks and the way of working with SQL in the services. With a good match of text, downloadable demos and easy to understand illustrations, Vihag Gupta makes it an easy read.
You’ll find a packed book with a huge amount of new stuff and learning. The book’s content:
- Introduction to Databricks
- The Databricks Product Suite - A Visual Tour
- The Data Catalog
- The Security Model
- The Workbench
- The SQL Warehouses
- Using Busines Intelligence Tools with Databricks SQL
- The Delta Lake
- The Photon Engine
- Warehouse on the Lakehouse
- SQL Commands
- Playing with the TPC-DS Dataset
The book covers the entire environment around Databricks - from a brief introduction to the application and an overview of the Data Lakehouse approach to a data platform; through the internals of the engine; to a very geeky deepdive into the SQL commands and the TPC-DS (Transaction Processing Perfromance Council Decision Support) - read more of the subject here.
I’ve read all around 300 pages - and I found it to be a great source for learning and is also usable as a book to have to look up specific topics around Databricks.
Why read the book
You need to read the book because:
- You want to learn Databricks
- You are working with data and are looking for the next step for yourself
- You already have basic knowledge of the sphere of data, SQL and ETL
- You want a book to read once and then have as a lookup tool when you need it
Where to get the book
Happy reading ☕